Guild retreats are a great way to meet your fellow guild members, share ideas and have fun sewing on your own projects. If you would like to attend a retreat, please either register at Guild meetings or by email
In-town retreats for 2023/2024
– October 20-22 2023 or October 27-29 2023
– January 19-21 2024 or January 26-28 2024 (choose one only).
Registration opens November 1, 2023
– April 19-21 2024 or April 26-28 2024 (choose one only)
Registration opens February 1, 2024
Location: Notre-Dame-des-Champs Community Centre, 3659 Navan Road, Navan
Cost including meals: $80 for Guild members or $95 for non-members
Two ways to register:
1 – By email: [email protected]. You will receive a confirmation email response from RETREATS
2 – At Guild meetings: Sign up at the Retreats table at the back of the room
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO SUCCEED
– At every retreat, we ask for some participants to help with cooking & baking. All ingredients will be reimbursed with a $15 honorarium, to pay for your time. PLEASE let us know when you register or a couple of weeks before retreat if you are able to prepare anything.
– ALL participants are asked to help with set up and take down, as well as helping with 1 meal serving or cleanup. A signup list will be available retreat.
THIS YEAR’S APPROACH—MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK
We would like to use a different approach with regards to volunteers. Instead of having just two persons to do it all, for the 3-days duration of the retreat, we will need more people to do smaller specific tasks. Help such as:
Grocery shopping, helping setting up the sewing room before retreat, unlocking the center in the morning and locking up at the end of the day and volunteers back up. Having more people involved would alleviate each individual’s task, be less time consuming and provide more time to sew and enjoy the sisterhood.
If you are willing, able and available to give your Guild a helping hand to make the upcoming retreats a success, whether for cooking/baking or being part of the team, PLEASE LET US KNOW at [email protected]
Thank you Ladies.
Your retreat coordinator,
We enjoy eating well at retreats; here are some of our favourite recipes from past retreats.