Sign-up deadline – December 17, 2021
Join us as we build our own unique neighbourhoods with a wall quilt based on the Dresden Plate quilt block pattern. You are the contractor. No plans to file with City Hall, no permits required. No covenants or restrictions to work around. Create a 12 house Neighbourhood (using a 30 degree wedge template) or a 20 house Neighbourhood (using a standard Dresden template – 18 degree).
The Dresden Plate quilt block has been around for nearly 100 years and variations of all sorts have made their way into traditional and even modern quilts. In this workshop, we will build a Neighbourhood of houses based on that traditional Dresden Plate block. But, each neighbourhood will be unique – based on your own creativity, color choices, etc. The wall quilt will finish at approx. 24” square (but can easily be made larger or smaller).
This project is very scrap-friendly and doesn’t need any obscure tools or gadgets. You can use a Dresden Plate ruler (if you have one) or just use templates.
- Instructor: Michelle Banton (USA)
- Location: Zoom (Virtual)
- Time: 9:30 to 3:30 with a lunch break
- Date: Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Cost: $45 for members, $55 for non-members, plus the pattern (US$8)
- Skill level: Anyone looking to learn a new technique and have fun
- Minimum number: 12 participants
- Maximum number : 23 participants
- Notes: Preparation and choosing of fabric will be required before class
- Register: On-line, by sending an email to [email protected]