2022 QUILT SHOW CATEGORIES
Entry rules and registration forms will be available on the guild website in March, 2022.
You must hold a valid membership (2021-2022) in the CTQG to enter your quilts in the show and be eligible for prizes. Your entry must not have been displayed at a previous CTQG show.
The show categories are:
1. LARGE: a quilt with a perimeter of 350” or greater
2. MEDIUM: a quilt with a perimeter of 349” or less
3. WALL QUILTS: A quilt that is designed to be hung for decorative purposes, with a perimeter of 180” or less.
4. MINIATURE: The quilt must have a perimeter less than 96” total. If blocks are used they must be 4” or less. A bound full-size block is not considered a miniature, neither is a hexie quilt made with pieces ½” or greater. The overall pattern must show a miniaturization of a quilt.
5. ASSORTED QUILT ITEMS*: Quilted clothing, placemats and runners, pillows, etc.
6. MODERN: Modern quilters embrace functionality, simplicity and minimalism. Characteristics might include: use of bold colours and prints, high contrast and graphic areas of solid colour, improvisational piecing, minimalism, expansive negative space, and alternate grid work.
7. CHILDREN’S THEME/CRIB: Intended use would be for a child’s room either as a wall hanging or a small bed quilt. All techniques.
Members may submit up to four quilts. In order to take into consideration comments from the last show that quilts were placed too close together, members may submit one quilt in each of the Large Bed, Medium Bed and Modern categories. This limitation should allow us to expand the space in between rows and giving viewers a better opportunity to admire the quilts.
Our space is limited, so we may have to limit entries to three. Please indicate on your registration form which quilt you prefer to be withdrawn. The committee reserves the right to move an entry to a different category if appropriate.
Please, ENTER your quilts! Your quilts make the show a success!
Without you as volunteers, our shows couldn’t happen. The sign-up for volunteer shifts for set-up, white glove, admission desk, security, quilter’s boutique & tear down will be available soon. We look forward to your help!