In Person workshop – Learning the Art of Sashiko – Saturday April 1, 2023
Sign up deadline March 1, 2023
What is Sashiko?
Sashiko is a traditional Japanese embroidery style which dates back to the Edo period (1615-1868). It was mostly used by the working class farming and fishing families as to make stronger more practical workwear.
- Instructor: Kirstin Fearon
- Location: Notre Dames Des Champ (Navan, Ontario), 3659 Navan Rd, Navan, ON K4B 1H9
- Time: 10:00 to 4:00
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Cost: Workshop: $35. Kit: TBD
- Skill level: Anyone looking to learn a new technique and have fun
- Maximum number: 12 participants
- Notes: Kit will include all supplies: cloth, needle, thimble, thread.
- Register: On-line, by sending an email to email@example.com or come see us at an in-person meeting.
Sample of Sashiko…not a course sample