Sign-up deadline – November 27, 2020
As a participant in this class, you will make samples of different quilting ideas that can be executed on the home sewing machine with a walking foot. Not everyone can afford a long-arm quilter or wants to have someone else quilt their quilt, and not everyone enjoys free motion quilting. You will create samples of walking foot designs on small quilt sandwiches to help you understand what makes each design successful. We will also look at variations of the designs you stitch out. These samples will be a great reference for you when deciding how to quilt your next quilt. This class includes information on quilting all sizes of quilts on the home sewing machine. – ALL LEVELS Based on Melissa’s book, Walking Foot Quilting Designs which is recommended for the class.
- Instructor: Melissa Marginet (Manitoba)
- Location: Zoom (Virtual)
- Time: 6 hours, 9:30 to 4:00 with a half hour lunch break
- Date: Saturday December 5, 2020
- Cost: $40.00 members $50.00 non-members
- Skill level: Anyone looking to learn a new technique.
- Minimum number: 11 participants
- Maximum number : 25 participants
- Notes: You will be required to prepare a number of small quilt sandwiches ahead of class so you can sew along
- Register: On-line, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Spaces are available.