Virtual workshop – Speed Date with Improv
Sign-up deadline – March 17, 2021
Think of this class as speed dating with improvisational piecing techniques that include curves and free-cutting. It will be fast-paced and a lot of fun: several techniques are introduced and demonstrated one after the other with very little time to second guess, stress or obsess over perfection. Every student will end up with a unique, original improv sampler quilt! The focus here is to explore line, shape and happenstance in abstract design, so keep things simply graphic by using solid-coloured fabrics in black, white and one pop of colour. In the afternoon, Krista will share design wall tips to jigsaw the improv elements together, seeking balance and creative design opportunities. Some pre-cutting is required.
This Zoom class combines pre-recorded technique videos with live instruction/support from Krista throughout the class.
- Instructor: Krista Hennebury (British Columbia)
- Location: Zoom (Virtual)
- Time: 10:00 to 4:30 with a 30 minute off-line lunch break
- Date: Saturday March 27, 2021
- Cost: $50.00 for members, $60.00 for non-members
- Skill level: Confident beginner to intermediate quilter looking to learn a new technique.
- Minimum number: 15 participants
- Maximum number : 20 participants
- Notes: There will be some homework prior to the class including preparation and cutting of fabric. Fabric required: 1/2 yard black, 1/2 yard white, Fat Quarter of one colour (all solids or reads-as-solids, high contrast if not choosing to use black and white).
- Quilt Size: without borders, approximately 20" x 20".
- Register: On-line, by sending an email to email@example.com . Spaces are available but they will go quickly so don’t delay!