You asked, and we heard! In response to the spring survey, a number of Accuquilt dies have been purchased for guild members’ use. These dies, and the cutter, are available to be used at the Notre-Dame-des-Champs hall during Sew Days and Retreats. The equipment is not to leave the building. If not attending the sew day or retreat, members may drop in to use the supplies.
A few tips for correct usage of the machine:
- No more than 4 – 6 layers of fabric to be cut at one time. If you have fusible web on your fabric – it is considered a layer, so include it in your count! If too much fabric is forced through the roller, it creates strain which could break the machine. Accuquilt recommends cutting flannel one or two layers maximum. Please be cautious.
- Place your fabric to cut on the lengthwise grain if possible. Your cut will be more accurate, no distortion.
- If you are using a die with more than one shape, place your fabric and mat over the shape you want. No need to waste fabric on the other shapes, and adds to the longevity of the mat.
- If repeatedly cutting the same die, use a different part of the mat. Shifting the placement of the mat even slightly means it isn’t contacting the blades in the same spot every time. This will extend the mat’s life.
- Visit www.accuquilt.com for more tips, patterns and ideas!
We welcome photos of quilts you have made using the Accuquilt dies. These photos will be added to the website for oohs and aahs and inspiration!
Here are some quilts that our members have made with Accuquilt dies.
If you have ANY questions about the Accuquilt, or would like a die added to the collection, please don’t hesitate to ask.
List of Cutting Dies available at Sew Days and Retreats
- Alphabet Set (2-Die Set)
- Gingham Dog
- Heart-2″, 3″, 4″
- 3″ Numbers
- English Paper Piecing
- English Paper Piecing Hexagon-1″ Finished Sides
- Flowering Snowball-12″ Finished
- Flying Geese-3 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ (3″ x 6″ Finished)
- Half Hexagon-1″, 1 1/2″, 2 1/2″ Sides
- Hexagon-4 1/2″ Sides (4 1/4″ Finished)
- Log Cabin-12″ Finished Square
- Qube Mix & Match 9″ Block
- Square – 2”
- Equilateral Triangles (3/4”, 1¼” 2¼” Finished Sides
- Triangle in Square (3” Finished)
- Tumbler – 3 1/2″ (3″ Finished)
- Tumbler-4 1/2″ (4″ Finished)
- Tumbler-6 1/2″ (6″ Finished)
- Value Die – 4.5 ”x 4.5” square, a 2.5” x 2.5” square, and two half square triangles 2.5”
- Wedge-9″ Finished
- 1.5” (1” Finished)
- 2”, (1.5” Finished)
- 2.5”, (2” Finished)
- 3.5” (3” Finished)
- Qube Mix & Match 9″ Block
- GO! Square-5″ (4 1/2″ Finished)
- GO! Square-2 3/4″ (2 1/4″ Finished)
- GO! Half Square Triangle-4 1/2″ Finished Square
- GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4 1/2″ Finished Square
- GO! Half Square Triangle-2 1/4″ Finished Square
- GO! Square on Point-3 11/16″ (3 3/16″ Finished)
- GO! Parallelogram 45°-2 15/16″ x 3 7/8″ Sides (2 1/4″ x 3 3/16″ Finished)
- GO! Rectangle-2 3/4″ x 5″ (2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ Finished)